OUR MISSION IS THEIR SUCCESS
At Gerard our academics align with the Georgia AKS standards however, we implement our programs through the 360 Degree Approach.
The whole student is involved, utilizing their strengths and mitigating their weaknesses. We teach learning strategies and employ supports so students learn to advocate for their own success.
We tell our students;
- If you don’t know, NEVER BE AFRAID TO ASK.
- If you don’t understand with the first try, try again (and we will help you).
- And if you don’t apply what you know, you will forget it, so use it, or you will
- We help them learn to exchange; ”I can’t”, with, “I will.”
Example of a Daily Schedule for Elementary students; (Our students have three classrooms with three highly qualified teachers).
- 7:45-8:00 Morning Drop off- Put personal items away-go to the Gathering
- 8:00-8:30 The Gathering: Singing, Bible Stories/Character Development and More- Homeroom items
- 8:30-9:15 1st period class: Focus on Language
- 9:15-10:00 2nd period class: The Hub: Individualized tutoring in Language and Math: + Orton-Gillingham tutoring
- 10:00-10:45 3rd period class: Art Class
- 10:45-11:30 4th period: Focus on Math
- 11:30-12:00 Slow Down: Get organized. Drop everything and pause-Prepare for lunch and recess
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch and Recess period
- 1:00-1:45 5th period Review through Integrated Social Studies/1st Semester (Science/ 2nd Semester)
- 1:45-2:30 6th period Music or Theater arts or Spanish lessons (different focus on different days)
- 2:30-2:45 Prepare to leave
- 2:45-3:00 Afternoon pick-up
Example of a Daily Schedule for Middle or High School Students
- 7:45-8:30 Early morning drop off (additional cost for this service)
- 8:15-8:30 Regular Drop Off: Go to lockers, do to The Gathering (for Middle High students)
- 8:30-9:00 Bible Study/Character development -Students have a course of study for this for each semester.
- 9:00-9:45 1st period: Math
- 9:45-10:30 2nd period: History
- 10:30-11:15 3rd Period: Elective
- 11:15-11:45 Lunch period
- 11:45-12:15 Social Break- wind down so they can rev up!
- 12:15-1:00 4th period: Science
- 1:00-1:45 5th period: Language
- 1:45-2:00 6th period: Elective
- 2:00-3:00 The HUB for M&H: Homework Assistance, Collaborative Group learning, Specific tutoring using Orton Gillingham
- 3:00-3:15 Get organized for release: be sure you have all the work you need for the night…
- 3:15-3:30 Release